Installing or replacing windows and doors in your home can be a big investment. You should establish your budget even before beggining your project.
Establishing your budget should be done before you begin your project. Installing or replacing windows and doors is a large investment but installing high quality, energy efficient replacement windows have been annually demonstrated to be an excellent investment. According to the 2007 Cost vs Value Report homeowners can expect to recoup an average of 80% for window replacement.
Look for Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
Since todays energy efficient windows and doors can also
- Reduce energy consumption.
- Reduce drafts improving the comfort of your home.
- Improve natural light and reduce glare.
- Help you take advantage of solar heat gain in cold climates or minimize it in hot climates.
- Provide years of easy operation and weatherproofing.
- Drastically minimize care and maintenance.
- Reduce noise.
- Reduce window condensation.
- Protect draperies, carpets and upholstery from fading or discoloring.